Common Name: Hosta
- Like no other hosta; definitely a collector's item
- Upright, narrow, tightly folded leaves resemble hands folded in prayer
- Dark green leaves are heavily rippled with very narrow, gold margins
- Leaves have a matte finish above but are folded, revealing their shiny undersides
- Lavender flowers on 18" scapes are abundant in late summer
Hostas are exceedingly popular perennials in today's gardens due to their versatility in the landscape. Their subtle colors, tall flower scapes, and broad, coarse leaves fill a niche in garden designs that few other plants can achieve. Their large leaves provide excellent coverage for dying bulb foliage. Hostas also grow well in city environments where the air may be polluted by car exhaust, etc.
This premium hosta variety is part of a group of the finest hostas available today. To be considered a premium hosta, plants must perform superbly in many zones. They must also exhibit exemplary garden presence and performance, have a long season of appeal in the landscape, have leaves of good substance, and demonstrate a greater resistance to common garden pests.
Yellow shades, Variegated
Part Shade (4-6 hrs. Direct Sun)Full Shade (< 4 hrs. Direct Sun)
Average Water Needs
Early Summer, Midsummer